Friday, August 7, 2015

That Quirky Scrap Quilt (along) Link Up


 I finish That Quirky Scrap Quilt!  I quilted it with a very loose meandering design mostly for speed, but also because it is such a busy design I think that any detailed quilting would get lost.  It was harder than usual to keep it moving smoothly, but I figured I was just out of practice.  I think there was some of that, but it also didn't help that I had forgotten to put the feed dogs down.  !!!  No wonder it was easier to move the quilt in some directions.


I used a length of Denyse Schmidt fabric that I have had in my stash forever for the backing along with an American Jane Punctuation print.  I love the back.  My husband says that I should make quilts that are just backs - on the front and back.  


Becca came out to help "hold" the quilt.  She is the cutest little terror ever.


Now I just have to give it a wash and we will be ready to use it - perhaps not to cuddle with for a few more months - but it could make a great picnic blanket.

If you made a Quirky Scrap Quilt I would love to see it!  You can link up a picture of your quilt below.  I will leave the link open until the end of the month.

For links to all the instructions for this quilt go to this post.  Thanks!


7 comments:

  1. I love this quilt, just perfect for my scraps ! I do want to make it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am working on my quilt, interrupted by vacation and family visits. I will get back to it and link up my quilt, at least the top. I love your cheerful scrap quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! What a beautiful quilt! Great pattern and wonderful colours! x Teje
    www.nerospost.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! Great colours - and I really like the back too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great finish and an enthusiastic helper! Thanks for linking up to #scraptastictuesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is not ugly at all, it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete